Talem Home Care Veterans Program
Proudly supporting the men and women (and their spouses) of the armed forces!
Many people do not know that there is a benefit/pension that can help pay for home care services. This benefit is a monthly VA pension for qualified veterans and/or their surviving spouses through the Veterans Administration. If you need any help with daily living activities (like bathing, feeding, dressing, etc.) or you’re homebound, you might qualify. This benefit is called VA Aid and Attendance.
Home Care Services Paid for By Your Service To Our Country!
Meeting the 3M’s to qualify: MILITARY, MEDICAL & MONETARY
- Care must be for the Veteran or his/her surviving spouse
- Must be 60% housebound
- Must financially qualify (this is a needs-based pension)
- Must have been active during a wartime period and have been honorably discharged
- World War II: Dec 7 1941-Dec 31, 1946
- Korean Conflict: Jun 27, 1950-Jan 31, 1955
- Vietnam Era: Aug 5 1964-May 7, 1975. Veterans who served Feb 28, 1961-Aug 5, 1964 must-have served “in-country” (Vietnam).
- Persian Gulf War: Aug 2, 1990-date to be prescribed by presidential proclamation or law Must have served on active duty for 2 years.
Talem Home Care & Placement Services will guide you through the application process at no cost to you.
- We will help determine if the Veteran or spouse qualifies.
- We will help obtain the required documentation.
- We will help complete and submit the application to the VA.
- We will monitor the progress of the application and help answer any additional requests by the VA.
- We will continue to help after approval.
- Help maintain compliance
- Assist with requests from the VA
- Always be available for questions and answers
When does care start?
Immediately after the application is submitted and before approval by the VA.
How is this possible?
Talem Home Care & Placement Services is proud to partner with programs designed to simplify the process and cover the cost of care while the benefit approval is pending with the VA. Our mission is to help veterans and their families understand and get the well-deserving Veterans Aid & Attendance Pension benefit. We can start care roughly 3-6 months faster than anyone else, including the VA, because of these partnerships.
Your Family is Our Family
No family should experience the stresses of aging without the needed information to make the best decision. Our Certified Senior Advisors® are dedicated to providing compassion, dedication, professionalism, and advice to give the reassurance we all need when helping our loved ones.
Contact us today to start the conversation on how our core values and philosophy of care can help you and your family.